Home »Forum»Recording and mixing»Audacity Users under Win 10

Audacity Users under Win 10

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
I have spoken to several of you in the past week, regarding issues with Audacity and Windows 10.I still have not found a solution, after trying deleting and reloading the software, searching the Audacity forums, speaking with Prosonus help personnel that supports the Audiobox Usb I use for connection. If anyone else has an idea, other than removing windows 10, or software that is similar to Audacity , which is very user friendly until now. I don't want to have to spend a month learning how to use new software with all of its wonderful bells and whistles. I just want to record and post, my vocals and guitar adds, nothing fancy, cause I ain't fancy. Thanks to anyone who provides help and a reward will be forthcoming. NO not money, sorry

disgruntled and annoyed

Dave Nelson aka Davne99
posted on #2
Did you PreSonus Audiobox come with Studio One? It's a great DAW although it may be a little complicated. I haven't played with it so I don't know.
posted on #3
User Avatar Member
yes it did Danny, however it won't read MP3 files or AIFF files, and I am in a ongoing dispute with Presonus as to what files it does except other than their own proprietary. They say it does read those files, and I say it does not, unless you have the pro version. they are starting to piss me off. so as far as complication? I have no idea because I can't read in a download from Wikiloops to begin a process?

Dave aka Davnel99
posted on #4
That's ... odd. It won't mix down to mp3, that I know, but it should import mp3s with no problem. Anyway, have you tried Reaper? There are quite a few people here who use it. It's free for 60 days; after that it's $60.

http://www.reaper.fm/index.php
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
I know this is not what you are looking for but a external file format converter might help.
Also i do not use win10 but all versions of audacity required a special version of lame in order to export mp3 properly.

And im giong to try reaper soon (having said that for some years now...)
Pure fingerstyle
posted on #6
Supporter
Please read this. Windows 10 is not yet fully supported.[url=http://audacityteam.org/download/windows] Audacity Win10 [/url]

THe LAME codec is not listed as Win 10 either.

There is only one other Codec and its $$$
Edited by LeftTheLoops9-18 on September 24 2015 17:20
posted on #7
User Avatar Member
FYI
Audacity 2.1.1 with the LAME encoder and ffmpeg now work on Windows 10.
I just did a reinstall of all three and it works great.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
FMH from Netherlands

"Hi Wikiloops, dank jullie wel voor deze ongelofelijke leuke site. Je speelt wereldwijd samen met fantastische muzikanten Heel inspirerend. "

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.