My own band

posted on #1
gioganotti
Hi guys and girls. Today is a big day for me. I created my own band. For now we have three guitars and bass. Will be playing mainly blues and rock from the old glorious times of Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and the similar. Can you advise me what instruments and how is prudent to be included in the band? For vocals it is clear, but others are my little difficult to define. Sorry if my English is not good.
posted on #2
jmrukkers
Administrator
For Deep Purple you'd definitely want a screaming Hammond...
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
gioganotti
Whether it would be prudent to be used only for music, like Purple? I could not say: You will play only two songs will be keep silent and the other three because not suitable. Maybe some "universal" instruments?
posted on #4
mpointon Supporter
JM is right that you'll need keyboards for doing Deep Purple, etc. If one of your guitarists can also play the keyboard, that'd be the best way. I used to play in a hard rock covers band (we did Deep Purple's 'Mistreated', for example) and the keyboard player was second guitar on songs that didn't need keys.
posted on #5
gioganotti
So far we can't find a keyboard player. So Deep Purple remains in the background. Pity. I have many favorite of their songs.
posted on #6
Marceys Supporter
mpointon wrote: songs that didn't need keys.

Huh?
posted on #7
DannyK
Marceys wrote:Huh?

LOL ;)
posted on #8
OliVBee Supporter
rofl Marc !
i think 3 guitars and 1 bass is unbalanced ... you need at least a couple bass to even that ;)
seriously a drummer is what you really need to start with if you want to play anything punchy !
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
nilton
Why not 2 drummers? Everything that is worth doing is worth overdoing
posted on #10
OliVBee Supporter
yesssss nilton !! 3 gtrs 2 bass 2 drummers sound greaaaaat !!! wonderful idea of line up :D
posted on #11
Dick Supporter
behave guys! :D

Lets not make fun out of the initial request please...
seriously... three guitars are a bit much... and you'll definetly need either a drummer, or a decision to always play to some pre-selected wikiloops beats, I cant think of a beginner band working without any rythm base, you'll definetly need that IMO.

@marc - yes, there IS music that don't need any keys. Not even black ones.
posted on #12
nilton
It was not my intention to make fun of anything or anyone.
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
posted on #13
gioganotti
I'm sorry if I was wrong or misunderstood. I think this is due to two circumstances: my very bad English and my inexperience as a whole. I do not question the existence of a drummer and vocalist (s). I thought it was self-explanatory. My main question is whether the available instruments we could be a little closer to the sound of those bands? Yes, we are beginners and for us music is a hobby, but we would like to develop and will be glad of any feedback. Once again I apologize for bad English.
posted on #14
MasterK
Hey Gio !
Cool idea to make a good band of friends and other's ..

For me, I would try the following, and I have seen it done before. "Eagles"
Utilize the 3 guitarists for some 1st, 2nd, and 3rd chair. Like a chior.
OliVBee can probably explain better, but your approach to the chord can be different to each guitarist. They are called INVERSIONS.
Some others may have the "catch phrase" of what I am trying to explain, but think harmony guitar parts.
Just an idea, for what it is worth.
Good luck in your new adventure, and have fun ! :)

~MasterK
posted on #15
gioganotti
MasterK, many thanks. Exactly what all I needed. I was thinking about something like that but you explained it very well. I can hardly wait to come Friday evening and joyful guys that everyone can join properly.
posted on #16
Marceys Supporter
@marc - yes, there IS music that don't need any keys. Not even black ones.

Im, shocked and so dissapointed! ..... 😢
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I support wikiloops because I once didn't have money and really wanted to have a database like this! Now that I do have a little more money, I can help!
Edwardough from United States

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.