Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»Android app version 1.1 feedback

Android app version 1.1 feedback

Notice: Undefined variable: mw in /www/htdocs/v130977/www/htdocs/v130977/files/forum/viewthread.php on line 440
How was your first impression of the wikiloops app?
Looks promising so far
Looks promising so far
0%
[0 Votes]
Hmmm. undecided yet.
Hmmm. undecided yet.
0%
[0 Votes]
Urgh, no... no, don't ask
Urgh, no... no, don't ask
0%
[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 0
posted on #1
Supporter
To those of you who have dared to [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/droidapp.php]install the freshly crafted android app[/url] for wikiloops - please give some feedback on your user experience and problems you have run into here :)

I know there is still a lot of things to be improved, but I must say I'm quite happy to use it myself so far.
Anyways, dont be shi, er shy with feedback, I'll do my best to improve as we go :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #2
Supporter
prob : if i hit play from the player the track never stops playing even if i switch page and there's no way to stop it hehe ;)

looks very promising so far
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #3
Supporter
Funktioniert bisher sehr gut und stabil!
Looks promising so far! :)
Rockin´ in a free world !
posted on #4
Supporter
hey!
just launched version 1.2, fixed the orientation switch issue oli mentioned...

to update a previous installation, download the new version with the link offered on the apps home page,
and start the update by clicking on the file after download is finished...

posted on #5
Supporter
Great stuff Dick, works great
posted on #6
Supporter
Dick, private band gives a error message.

But generally working great. Now I am even more occupied with wikiloops :D

One feature that I would like to have is the option to tell it to search for news every 2, 3, 4 hours, once a day, something like that instead of all the time.

Cheers, TG
posted on #7
Supporter
Hey TG,
I do agree, some kind of intervalled notification seems more appropriate... I do like the instant-message notification... we'll have to offer adjustments, so each can set his own needs.

I did fix the band segment bug you noticed, I had accidently posted some half-baked band page improvement.
Took the time to finish that properly today, so you'll find your desktop-version Bandpages with some new features as well (available on the english domain only, so far).

posted on #8
Supporter
Cooooool Dick, the private band chat and other mods are really nice!!!!
posted on #9
Supporter
When I navigate into the app, and then back out using the back button, all the way when the app is forced to exit there is an error message saying that the app Wikiloops has stopped working.
Edited by jmrukkers on 06-11-2015 22:01
posted on #10
Supporter
Dick, when I try to play a track from the private band nothing happens.
posted on #11
Supporter
My phone (Samsung s6) complains that the app is using excessive amounts of power and suggests it should be removed.
posted on #12
Supporter
@TG - the band player should work now, thanks again for the feedback!

@jm - I will do my best to figure out what causes that alert... judging by my samsungs battery consumption, I can't really verify that it is consuming more power since I am running the wiki app, still, that's worth investigating :)

hurzel suggested to save downloaded files into a "wikiloops" folder on the device, I'll see if that's possible as well.

Out of the blue: as you may have noticed, track upload is not supported by the app so far - is anyone out there actually recording on some android device and in need of the feature? I'm aware people record on iPads these days, how bout android pad users?

posted on #13
Supporter
In my experience, Dick, notifications are often the biggest battery killer. You used to have to construct your own notifications in Android but I think it's now built-in. It might be worth trying to lower their priority.

http://developer.android.com/design/patterns/notifications.html

Sorry if I'm already telling you what you already know!
Edited by mpointon on 13-11-2015 23:59
posted on #14
Supporter
Regarding track upload capabilities, I actually tried using a USB- On-The-Go setup on my Samsung S6, but never got it to work reliably, and most of the apps I tried were also not very stable, so I dropped that idea for now. It would be cool to know if people actually got this to work, but based on my own experience it just does not work in a usable fashion, so if my experience is anything to go by, upload is probably not such an essential feature for the app since you would not really be able to record in decent quality.
posted on #15
Supporter
A little thing I noticed this morning, when trying to read older messages on the shout box it keeps jumping back to the front, and I could not see a method of checking out the archive. Or did I miss that somehow?
posted on #16
Supporter
I am using the app for a few weeks now and i think it is an awesome tool to check out wikiloops.
One thing i noticed is - when a message is incomming on my phone wikiloops stops and i have to restart it.
Tha bass has to be a lil louder...!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
wiseshanks from Oklahoma, USA

"Wikiloops is an amazing forum for musicians to contribute, learn, and grow from each other! It's the internet's best kept secret!"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.