Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»Feature introduction: wikiloops Gallery

Feature introduction: wikiloops Gallery

posted on #1
Supporter
Yes, the next update will feature the option to upload images into a gallery, which will be available within the so called "Showcase" area on your profile. More info on the showcase will follow in a seperate thread.

These pictures may be "thumbed" and commented by other users,
and you will receive newsfeed infos if that happens (no email notification).

Your followers will not be notified when you add new pictures - they chose to follow you to be notified about your music, so we will have to find a way to work this out in the future - either by treating different ways of follow-interest differently (maybe distinguish "friendship" and "follower" or something like that). Thats up to solve for the future.

Now there is one thing I included which you may please give feedback if you like:
Besides the individual galleries on the user profiles, there will be one "central" gallery page as well, on which you may click your way thru any pictures regardles of who uploaded them.
The uploader is of course named, and will be notified on any reaction to his pictures just as if they were viewn on his profile.
I imagine this "stream" of images may be something nice to flip thru as one listens to some music... but of course users should be aware that their pictures are not only available on their profiles.

Any uploaded picture will be public (like you avatars etc), but that central gallery may feel a bit different from having them on ones profile...
what do you think?

Here's two links to the BETA test site where you can preview the gallery - on to my profile featuring the first wikiloops user gallery ever - [url=http://www.dev.wikiloops.com/artist/Dick.php]here[/url]
and the second leading to the "central" gallery mentioned above - [url=http://www.dev.wikiloops.com/gallery.php?pic=51]here[/url]

looking foreward to your feedback!
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #2
Supporter
First time I've seen the dev version of Wikiloops. Loving all the new features you're adding, Dick. This is top, top work. I love the way WL is becoming a social network for musicians. I get so much more satisfaction from WL than, say, Facebook. :) Great stuff.
posted on #3
Supporter
Yes, I love it. There has been a lot of new things in the last weeks, brilliant!
posted on #4
Supporter
This is great Dick. Would it be possible to link a photo to a new song? Maybe when you open up the new song the picture is there...so the pics could be kinda themed to the song you create (ex. song called sunface, I attach a picture of the sun)...
rp3 (Raymond)
posted on #5
Supporter
Hey rp :)
As for now, interlinking the gallery with per-track-images is not supported. It is a nice idea, but leads to a huge amount of extra work -
you would basicly have to offer the following optons within the upload process:
a ) choose existing image from gallery & connect that and
b ) upload a new picture in case you forgot to add it to your gallery prior to uploading
It IS a nice to have feature in the long run, but leads to such an abundance of new problems (what to show if user didnt upload any picture? Where to display that on the interface? What if some image gets deleted by the user...) that I will have to delay this a little.

The whole uploading process is a bit over-filled with options and info already, adding more and more options will not necessarily lead to users using these features, so I believe I will have to reorganize the whole uploading process a bit before adding stuff there...
not nay-saying, just stating some reasons why I consider this a major change :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Neddings from Netherlands

"I support wikiloops because making music costs money, listening to good music is priceless"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.