just wondering

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
If anyone else is using a e-kit for drum adds? and a pic maybe? vids? and what is your opinion of them?

And what non-drummers think as well?
Everything is practice :)
posted on #2
User Avatar Member
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB2KFwuk9e0] drumshticks [/url]
I think it's pretty good. ;)
Once in a life span is dying. I hope not because there is no beer. RIP Malcolm Young!
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
I'm interested in this and drummers' opinions of them. Long term, I'm going to be switching to an e-kit as I won't be able to make the current noise I make indefinitely.

E-kits, for me, are a poison and a blessing. The modern kits sound fantastic but they lack, in truth, the 'ultimate' feel to play. But then I have the luxury - at the moment - of using my acoustic kit, making as much noise as I want and have the kit to record (usually badly).

But I have to think longer-term. And longer-term means an e-kit if I'm to continue to add to the loops. My experience of e-kits so far is that I will have to spend the extra money and get a set with the 'mesh' heads - I can't cope with the rubber drums - it's just too artifical for a purist like me. But they have a price tag. E-kits can be very flattering to one's playing which is my other worry: training them to how I play which most systems offer these days.

But I'm no 'luddite'. I think e-kits have their place and they are damn good. I just hope I can adapt to them! Currently, I have my eyes on the Alesis e-kits that have the 'real' cymbals and mesh heads. At 1k Euros a go, I'm going to be saving....
posted on #4
e-kits are definitely another type of instrument and by experience i'd say a drummer has to adapt and develop a way to handle the difference with an acoustic kit (usually not the other way around)
i am using an e-kit with mesh-heads and there are so many things i like about it that it's kinda hard to sum it up ... the main idea is the adjustable sounds ! which drummer never dreams about a laaaaaarge collection of cymbals - on which you could spend at least the price of several drumkits ?
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #5
User Avatar Member
hmmm only 3 comments? kinda bummed out lol
Everything is practice :)
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
See it this way, Everything evolves. If you compare how low-budget e-drums sound and play i definitely feel that they are better than for example the first d-drums. And at a fraction of the cost.
Mesh-head were definitely a step in that evolution. Give it enough time and they will be standard. And there will be more of them.
Pure fingerstyle
posted on #7
User Avatar Supporter
I started playing an E-Kit 2 years ago out of necessity (noise), it felt very liberating as a drummer. I could finally play as much as I want when I want..and like Oliv said choose from so many options of sounds, cymbals etc... Recently I started using the Midi patch drum sets on GB and that has been great as far as getting a real sound...An acoustic drum set will always "feel" better, but the versatility of an E-kit cant be beat... love my home studio!!!!!
rp3 (Raymond)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Reaper421 from Canada

"I've had tons of fun on here and met a lot of awesome musicians!"

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.