Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
This track is on album XXXXXX

This track is on album XXXXXX

posted on #1
Girard
Is there a way to know when a track is already used on an album?

Would it be possible to have a variable in the php which looks up if a track is either in an album or a playlist, or both, and shows the little list if any? Just in small font somewhere like fine print somewhere...

I am making albums and I can never remember if I used a track already.

Please point me to the answer if I missed it! Thanks Dick!
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
Two answers:

To solve your current problem, do as follows:
1st: create a new blank playlist, let's call it "global collection"
2nd: visit your existing albums, and add all tracks to the new list
3rd: before playlisting any track to a album-to-be list, add it to that "global collection" wich includes all album tracks - that will throw a message telling you "this track is already part of this list!" in case that's so, so you will know you have albumized the track before this way - given, this is a weird workaround, it will work tho.

Secondly, I have been thinking about adding a notice "This track is featured on Album XYZ" above the "Alternative tracks with B, C and A"-box on the big jam pages - that would be nice to have (and a bit similar to the way youtube offers video-playlists among results).
That might take a bit to implement, but might be worth a go :)
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Girard
Dick wrote:
Two answers:

To solve your current problem, do as follows:
1st: create a new blank playlist, let's call it "global collection"
2nd: visit your existing albums, and add all tracks to the new list
3rd: before playlisting any track to a album-to-be list, add it to that "global collection" wich includes all album tracks - that will throw a message telling you "this track is already part of this list!" in case that's so, so you will know you have albumized the track before this way - given, this is a weird workaround, it will work tho.

Secondly, I have been thinking about adding a notice "This track is featured on Album XYZ" above the "Alternative tracks with B, C and A"-box on the big jam pages - that would be nice to have (and a bit similar to the way youtube offers video-playlists among results).
That might take a bit to implement, but might be worth a go :)

OK, cool, i'll do it that way, and the ideas all sound great!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Gracias a todos por ayudarme a ser mejor músico =) Thanks you all for helping me to be a better muscician
ladybass from Spain

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.