Zicworld.com

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
New on the web : Zicworld.com, a musicians' meeting platform based on location.
Maybe the Zicworld profile could be linked in the contact informations in users' profile on Wikiloops, along with FB, Soundcloud and others ?
posted on #2
Founder
Hey Gwennrann,
we have actually discussed adding something similar to what Zicworld provides on wikiloops,
have a look at the discussion here:
[url=http://www.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=872]http://www.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=872[/url]

Personally, I had not heard of Zicworld before and just had a quick look last night.
Seems they have taken the concept to some point and had some nice graphic work done to embed it... a look on their (google) map told me this is not a big & lively database so far, and -without wanting to sound arrogant- if we added a special profile field for any musicians community out there with a similar size, we'd have to add hundreds...
liked the way you solved it on your profile, btw :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
User Avatar Member
It's up to you, Dick. This was just a free proposal as I'm not involved at all in the project.
Zicworld has been launched only a few days (weeks ?) ago, that's why you had not heard about it before.
Keep on good work !
posted on #4
Founder
the copyright note on the page says it started in 2013...

Let's agree on the option to make embedding external links to other places easier on the edit-profile page.
If you were allowed to post up to 4 external links and were free to choose if you'd like to link your facebook, google+, reverbnation, soundcloud, talkbass, myspace, zicworld, youtube or whatever-else account or homepage, that might be a good solution for the future.
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #5
User Avatar Member
Oh yes, you're right. I read the post on FB a little too fast ... Laurent Guet, the developer, says he was working on for last 3 years and I was supposing it was before to launch it, but no.

Your solution sounds good.

By the way, talking about development, I found some minor bugs on Wikiloops. For example, clicking on the upper left logo doesn't take me to the main page : the page where I stand turns to pale blue then I have to reload the page to go to main page. Another thing is that things often appear twice, in the shoutbox, for example. I am on MacOSX El Capitan.

Thanks again and once more for your work !
Edited by Gwenrann-V on January 19 2016 18:33
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
abyssinal from United States

"I support wikiloops because it's a great way for musicians around the world to share ideas and not have their egos kill each other. Thanks."

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.