Zicworld.com

posted on #1
New on the web : Zicworld.com, a musicians' meeting platform based on location.
Maybe the Zicworld profile could be linked in the contact informations in users' profile on Wikiloops, along with FB, Soundcloud and others ?
posted on #2
Supporter
Hey Gwennrann,
we have actually discussed adding something similar to what Zicworld provides on wikiloops,
have a look at the discussion here:
[url=http://www.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=872]http://www.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=872[/url]

Personally, I had not heard of Zicworld before and just had a quick look last night.
Seems they have taken the concept to some point and had some nice graphic work done to embed it... a look on their (google) map told me this is not a big & lively database so far, and -without wanting to sound arrogant- if we added a special profile field for any musicians community out there with a similar size, we'd have to add hundreds...
liked the way you solved it on your profile, btw :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
It's up to you, Dick. This was just a free proposal as I'm not involved at all in the project.
Zicworld has been launched only a few days (weeks ?) ago, that's why you had not heard about it before.
Keep on good work !
posted on #4
Supporter
the copyright note on the page says it started in 2013...

Let's agree on the option to make embedding external links to other places easier on the edit-profile page.
If you were allowed to post up to 4 external links and were free to choose if you'd like to link your facebook, google+, reverbnation, soundcloud, talkbass, myspace, zicworld, youtube or whatever-else account or homepage, that might be a good solution for the future.
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #5
Oh yes, you're right. I read the post on FB a little too fast ... Laurent Guet, the developer, says he was working on for last 3 years and I was supposing it was before to launch it, but no.

Your solution sounds good.

By the way, talking about development, I found some minor bugs on Wikiloops. For example, clicking on the upper left logo doesn't take me to the main page : the page where I stand turns to pale blue then I have to reload the page to go to main page. Another thing is that things often appear twice, in the shoutbox, for example. I am on MacOSX El Capitan.

Thanks again and once more for your work !
Edited by Gwenrann-V on 19-01-2016 18:33
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
ericblom from Netherlands

"WikiLoops: Fantastic invention, peaceful atmosphere. No matter from which planet you are. A musical enrichment!"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.