Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
List session templates without remixes?

List session templates without remixes?

posted on #1
shiihs Supporter
Hi all,vdoes wikiloops provide a way to search for session templates that haven't received any remixes yet?
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
Hey,
I had to check myself, but no, there is no way to filter for such tracks via the public search page of wikiloops.
Seriously, I'm afraid that filter might catch quite a lot of tracks that may... how to say... maybe not be as great for remixing purposes?
So it might be wise to maybe set a cap of "if the track has not been listened to X times and doesn't have a remix" on top of your desired filter, if you know what I'm pointing at.

One serious issue that you might be able to help on is: How on earth would one label a button that activates the "unremixed" filter? Unremixed really is not a nice term, and "virgin tracks" might backfire badly as well, so I'd be open for suggestions :)

In German, we have "Mauerblümchen" (wall-flower) to describe a person that has not been asked to dance and sits around at the ball, something like that would be kinda nice, but then again nobody would understand what the button does.
+1
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
TeeGee Supporter
:) wallflower track sounds nice, but as you said, not sure if people would understand.

"Untouched templates" "unmixed templates" "unmixed template tracks"

"Discover unmixed first tempates"
+1
posted on #4
shiihs Supporter
Ok, I see. I'm not looking for a blame filter obviously :) Maybe it could be kept straightforward: "unremixed session templates" or something semi-positive like "first dates", maybe sorted by "most recently posted" first. That's a fairly neutral name, and neutral sorting, and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't imply any judgement of the tracks. After all, there can be many reasons why a track remains unremixed: maybe it sounds so good no one dares to touch it, or maybe it sounds fairly complete/full already or maybe it's in a style that is less widely appreciated (although I have noticed there's fairly wide spectrum of styles that get appreciation), or maybe the recording quality was not super, or maybe it was posted at a time when not the "right" people were logged in to notice it and then got buried in the avalanche of tracks that were posted afterwards.
+2
posted on #5
wjl Supporter
Good ideas in this thread folks :) Maybe we could even expand the idea a bit, like a button for "template tracks with less than x remixes" (where 0 <= x <=y)?
posted on #6
shiihs Supporter
wjl wrote:
Good ideas in this thread folks :) Maybe we could even expand the idea a bit, like a button for "template tracks with less than x remixes" (where 0 <= x <=y)?

Makes sense! (Although the condition maybe should be "template tracks with less than x remixes" where x > 0 instead).
posted on #8
MySounds Supporter
Maybe the "virgin tracks" could be labeled "clean" or "raw"?
As this is a closed community, I`m sure everyone will quickly understand what`s meant.
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops has not only improved my bassplaying, but I have also made new friends around the world! For example I visited Wade in NZ last year.
haddock from Sweden

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.